Brushless technology: features and benefits
New veg prep with variable speed have just been launched with brushless technology. This technology literally means that the motors are brushless.
For practical purposes, brushless technology offers a range of benefits.
- Maximum efficiency: brushless motors maintain the torque across the range of speeds, obtaining maximum efficiency at all times.
- Environmentally friendly:Thanks to the high efficiency of brushless motors, energy consumption is lower.
- Optimal control: with the exclusive "Force Control System" of the Sammic veg prep machines, the force exerted by the motor is displayed on the screen at all times. An acoustic warning can also be programmed to sound when the machine exceeds the force preset by the user. So the optimal force is applied at all times to obtain the best quality cut in each product. This is achieved by standardising processes and obtaining an optimum cut that is uniform and with no shrinkage.
- Compact size: brushless motors occupy less space than conventional brushes, which means that machines can be manufactured that offer the highest performance in the minimum of space. In this case, the brushless technology models are 22 mm smaller in height with respect to the previous equivalent models.
- Less weight: brushless motors are more compact and weigh less than asynchronous motors, significantly reducing the weight of the machine equipped with this technology. The weight of brushless appliances is reduced by up to 20% compared to previous models.
- Silent operation: brushless motors are smoother and quieter than conventional motors, which translates into a sensitive environmental improvement in the workplace (from 72 to 63 dbA).
- Improved watertightness: since they don't require ventilation, the ventilation grids on the housing or base of the machines are dispensed with, improving the seal on the machines and thus their durability.
Brushless equipment requires more complex control that justifies the higher initial investment than other more conventional technologies. This investment has a quick return given the benefits just mentioned.