The service life of an industrial potato peeler depends, to a large extent, on the maintenance and care it receives. Failure to clean the machine properly can cause it to break down and/or lead to poorer results. Therefore, we can say that cleaning is vital to extend the service life of a potato peeler and to have optimum results throughout its useful life.
In order to extend the maximum life of the machine, we recommend the following steps.
- Turn the peeler on, without product.
- Remove the abrasive plate.
- Clean the stirrer with a brush.
- Clean the lid with a cloth.
- Clean the cylinder with a cloth.
- Clean the base of the peeler with water.
- Clean the abrasive plate with a brush.
- Empty and clean the filter.
- Clean the filter base.
In addition, we recommend cleaning the outside of the machine in two simple steps:
- Clean the outside of the machine with a cloth or sponge dampened in warm soapy water.
- Dry with a soft cloth.
WARNING: Do not use: abrasive cleaners such as ammonia or bleach, solvents, gritty detergents or metal scouring pads.
In addition to daily cleaning, we also recommend a six-monthly check of:
- The power cable, to check if it has been damaged.
- The legs of the machine, to check that they are supported on the floor and do not look damaged.
- The cover, to check for cracks or breaks.
- The silicone around the base of the food processing area.